September 17th 2017: Noticed a Couple of Issues Today

Just an errands day today! A trip to the garage to fill up with petrol ready for Wednesday (26.18 litres of Tesco’s standard unleaded petrol @ £30.87) - I do top up the tank with Millers Petrol Power EcoMax (available from Halfords). A chance to wash the car because it had gone unwashed after Friday’s trip (I’m not obsessive about washing cars, I do it more so as not to put the car cover on a dirty car - and fibreglass doesn’t rust).

After washing and drying the car, I noticed I have a couple of issues. These issues are nothing to do with Lotus.

1) The rubber edge protectors are peeling off my non-official hardtop. This is easily fixable, I’ll have to take the hardtop off and re-stick them with some Tiger Seal Polyurethane Adhesive Sealent which I’ve ordered from Amazon.

2) I noticed what looks like a dint in the door (the paint seems cracked around a ring). Not sure how that happened; don’t remember bashing the door on anything; it wasn’t there when I washed it on Thursday so I’m thinking it might have been knocked in Thruxton car park, or someone knocked it whilst I was working away on Friday evening/Saturday. Never mind, it’s disappointing but these things happen. For this post I should have taken a photo (will do on Tuesday when the cover comes off again). My plan is to cover it with Gorilla Tape Clear with Gloss Finish (I’ll see what the Lotus dealer suggests on Wednesday.)

Image: Some Products: Millers Petrol Power EcoMax, Tiger Seal PU, Gorilla Tape Clear

Comments