August 17th 2017: Car Collection Day: ~ 90 miles driven (Clock to 180 miles)

This diary is running a little behind because of other stuff that’s kept me busy, I hope to catch up soon.

Image: Route driven on 17th August

Collection

I collected my Lotus Elise Sport 220 from Newtown Motors (Cwmbran) on August 17th 2017.

The photo below is an edit of the picture Newtown Motors took (I need to get into the habit of taking photos). It was a sunny day so we had the roof down.

Image: Car collection at Newtown Motors

I did put a personalized registration number on the car, not to be flash (this was about as cheap as personalized registration numbers get), simply because:

1) I wanted a small registration plate with as few characters on as possible (and 5 characters is not expensive), since it’s a small car and I think big registration plates spoil the look of many cars.
Note: The plate is 100% legal and from https://www.fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk/
2) It disguises the age of the car (this is an early 2017 model).

The Trip

My first drive that wasn’t a test drive!

I loved it. Driving with the top off is/was a completely new experience to me. The journey was mostly motorway driving because I had to make an appointment, and the Elise was great on the motorway (even with the top off). I didn’t listen to the radio. One thing of note, if you’re not used to the sun (like me), you need to watch out for getting sunburn!

Mileage

~ 90 miles driven (~180 miles on the clock)

Comments